Friday, February 29, 2008

The Night Before



Well this is it I guess. Tomorrow Dust and I start our 92 day juice feast*. I am excited and a bit nervous too. I thought I'd list all my reasons for doing this so I can look at it in times of doubt:
-in all my 4+ years of being raw I've never really done a good cleanse, actually more like in my whole life. I've done 2 day juice fasts and a few one day water fasts, and recently had my first round of colonics but really nothing substantial.
-I would like to eliminate salt from my diet entirely but never seem to be able to do it, I think after this it won't even be an issue. Same for excess fat consumption and raw junk foods like dehydrated treats and too much cacao.
-I want to experience emptiness to become more spiritually full.
-I want to loosen the grip that food has on me, even though I eat raw and have given up alot of foods I still feel like an obsessive compulsive eater most days (eating out of boredom etc.)
-Just to see if I can do it. We are all here to learn and love and experience all that we can so why not experience not eating. I've been filling my belly for 28 years, time to try something different.
I think those are the big reasons. I am so grateful to be going on this journey and even more grateful that Dust will be going on it with me. When I think back to us when we first got together 6 years ago I can't believe how far we've come. Back then it was pretty standard to fill up a coffee mug with beer before noon and go hit Wal Mart for some mindless spending at the expense of small children, smoking weed and cigs along the way, order some pizzas for dinna before boozing it up at the pub and ending the evening with a nice drunken fight. YIKES! Thank pete for all the knowledge we have been blessed to have come across and double thanks for a loving boyfriend who has supported and joined me on my little trip to blissful living. Woohoo!
Anyhoo how bout some stats on me at the beginning of this adventure:
Feb 29 2008
Weight: 113 lbs (kind of guessing as I don't have a scale but this is what I weighed last time I checked at my Moms) Although I do not give a rats ass what I weigh I wouldn't mind losing this little pot belly I've always had...
Eyes: Clear brown with faint dark ring around iris (this ring is supposed to indicate your life force and I am expecting it to become much darker)
Waking: Generally waking these days around 8:30 feeling like crap, could be the lack of sleep due to Halen (our 19 month old restless sleeper) or is it just the late night fatty meals?
Exericse: Almost without fail every morning I do the 5 Tibetan Rites, brisk hike through the woods usually carrying Halen at least once a week, Thai Chi every Tuesday, some rebounding. Wow that's really kind of pathetic, I am really busy these days but I want to really step up the exercise.
Health Issues: Dude I'm a raw foodist..........but to be perfectly honest I have had this lingering semi cold for awhile now and a few weeks ago I got pink eye, what's up with that? Just been feeling a little dragged down lately, once again this is probably due to not getting more than 2 hours of sleep at a time for 19 months but lets see how a clean body deals with this.
Okay so unless I start talking about BMs now (which I have consistently 1-3 times a day, hurray for green smothies) I think that is it.
Wish me motivation and dedication cause here I go....

*A juice feast is where you eat no food but consume at least a gallon of juice a day. Different than a juice fast in which you consume very little juice and go through rapid detox juice feasting is supposed to cleanse you slowly while allowing you enough energy to continue on with everyday activities. You can learn more at www.juicefeasting.com

2 comments:

Sherry and Avery said...

Woohoo! Atta girl! I can't wait to hear about your success. Wanna see `my list of things I need to cut out..HAHA! Will you still be "uncooking" for Halen? That will be a difficult temptation to defeat if you have to prepare food for him. I have no doubt you 2 will do it! See you soon..

Reesh said...

I wish you all the motivation and dedication in the world. I know you inside and out and your stubbornness will be a key factor to your success. I will be there in 92 days to give you a big hug and say congrats (as well as any time you need before then).

...and welcome to the addictive world of blogging...